JOB POSTING: Associate Producer
The Villain’s Theatre Association is hiring a summer student for our 2018 Associate Producer position. This job is being offered with the assistance of Canada Summer Jobs. To be eligible you must be a returning university or college student, or a student pursuing graduate studies.
HOURS: 35 hours/week from June – August 2018 (10 weeks)
PAY: $11/ hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will…
- Under the supervision of The Villain’s Theatre’s administrative team, organize our summer events and fundraisers (includes volunteer and sponsorship coordination, event promotion, and event management);
- Assist with promotion and organization of a summer workshop;
- Assist with outreach and membership administration, including database upkeep, website maintenance, and attending outreach events;
- Approaching sponsors and assisting with company’s sponsorship package;
- Manage the company’s social media presence;
- Assist in the creation of archival and promotional videos;
- Support the administrative team with other relevant tasks as needed – The Villain’s Theatre is a growing organization and the tasks of this position may respond to that fluidity.
This position offers relevant work experience to a student pursuing a career in Arts Administration, Theatre, Not-For-Profits, Event Management, or Producing.
This position requires an organized, motivated and self-directed candidate.
- Has familiarity with event planning and coordination.
- Works well under pressure and is able to prioritize tasks.
- Self-reliant and self-motivated; able to be accountable while working under limited supervision.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) and Google Docs.
- Interest or proficiency in video editing may also be an asset, though is not required.
***Experience running fundraisers, applying for grants, pursuing sponsorships and donations, writing promotional copy, and proficiency with Mailchimp and WordPress would all be assets.
The successful applicant is…
- Between 19 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Registered as a full time student during the preceding academic year
- Intending to return to school on a full time basis during the next academic year
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program.
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
The Villain’s Theatre Association is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that individuals from marginalized communities may have limited access to opportunities to build experience in arts administration. We also acknowledge that lived experience can be as valuable as formal training. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they would bring to the organization in their cover letter.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 25, 2018
Please send cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.
(Photo by Stoo Metz)